Italian Teachers at International Projects Centre, Exeter (UK)
Participants: Nicoletta Salmeri, Milena Vela, Daniela Candiotta, Giovanna Lo verde, Rosaria Gualato, Lia Sunseri, Domenico Tasca, Vincenzo Fontana, Carmelina Meli, Marina Leggio,
The participants to IPC courses will be able to:
- Articulate how CLIL could be reflected in a school’s vision and mission statements, and in planning and public
- Foster the integration of the CLIL programme into school life (e.g., resource choices, action research, assemblies or other school events).
- Represent the interests of the CLIL programme and of the students when participating in school meetings, and other forms of professional dialogue.
- Design and apply evaluation and assessment tools (tests, stakeholder surveys, portfolios, rubrics, etc.).
- Communicate using contemporary social registers.
- Adjust social and academic registers of communication according to the demands of a given context.
- Read subject material and theoretical texts.
- Use appropriate subject-specific terminology and syntactic structures.
- Conceptualise whilst using the target language.
- Use target language in:
+ group management;
+ time management;
+ classroom noise management;
+ giving instructions;
+ managing interaction;
+managing co-operative work;
+ enhancing communication.
- Use own oral language production as an effective tool for teaching.