Italian Teachers at University Educational Circle, Riga (LT)
Participants: Alessandra Cipolla, Giusi Miceli, Luigia Di Gennaro, Valeria Burgarella, Lucia Rosa, Crescenza Carrato, Giovanna Sodano, Nicola Pizzolato, Giuseppe Pipitone, Rosanna Anello, Carmela Sparacio, Sabrina Reina.
The courses organized by UEC will provide the participants with learning resources enhancing the following skills and attitudes:
− A deeper understanding of the concept of diversity and culture in different European contexts.
− Skills and competences for dealing with diversity in education.
− Insights and strategies in inclusive education.
− Practice of working methods of cooperative learning in order to have more effective meetings.
− Improved knowledge of other European educational systems.
− Improved insight of differences and similarities between European countries, resulting in a better understanding and respect.
− Pick up ideas from other countries which they can incorporate and transfer into their own practice.
− Ability to create supportive learning environment.
− Extended teaching paradigm and hence an engagement in new creative ways of teaching.
− Experiential training on diversity.
− Improved competences on the use of colloquial English.
− Improved trainer-learners communication.
− International dialogue and exchange of experiences.
− Effective ways of learning from differences and diversity.
Moreover, the UEC course will provide the participants with the necessary theoretical knowledge that will help them to better understand interesting phenomena in the life-cycle of school and class teams such as scapegoating, projections, how a team communicates etc.. In particular:
- Build up confidence in team members when they facilitate groups
- Participants will develop self-reflection, communication and creativity skills and discuss how they can be utilized in an educational context
- Course will help professionals understand their own strengths, talents and uniqueness and how they can utilize these traits in adult education
- Introduce participants to working with self-reflective and arts-informed tools in order to increase their awareness and help them instigate desired change in an educational context.
- Provide experiential training on conflict management skills.
- Enhance the potential and understanding on conflicts, contempt and negativity at school.
- Learn effective ways of engaging with others and dealing with unresolved issues.
- Become more self-reliant and self-confident in dealing with conflicts and crises.
- Develop their self-reflection, communication and creativity skills and discuss how they can be utilized in different educational context.
- Enhance interpersonal (social) intelligence and interpersonal communication.
- Provide tools for improving empathy.
- Rise tolerance and appreciation of human diversity.
- Define the key terms relating to 'culture' and apply this knowledge to discuss cultural difference in a positive way.